InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:37 am 
Site Admin

I just wanted everybody to know that there should be some new features being added to the site very soon. As soon as I have a bit of time, I'll be adding the photo gallery feature. This will enable you to actually upload your own photos into your own photo album, view other posted photos, comment on posted photos, etc.

I also hope to add a resources page where you can easily get to some useful local info like train schedules, bus schedules, etc.

Keep the ideas coming, and if there's anybody out there with web experience who might be interested in offering some help, let me know.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:09 pm 

Hey, I'd be happy to help. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if you're that familiar with the phpBB community, but there are many MODs out there to add this feature and that feature to your forums.

Links that may be of interest to you:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/viewforum.php?f=15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:13 pm 
Hang in there Mike'

Site looks great' you just need some art/pictures here and there. ...

Let me know. ...
I came on looking for an apartment' I am moving from a small ranch in Valley Stream so I'll be needing at least 2/3 bedrooms with some storage space for my stuff. ... Have lots of hobbies. ... :lol:

Before I forget' I hate the fact that I can't walk along a beach anywhere on Long Island and get stopped by someone claiming they own a certain area of a beach so I placed a site up on the internet a few years ago with laws on the subject and some fun stuff' pictures ect' go check it out. ...

If I insult someone' hey' what can I say!!! I have a problem with people who think they own Beach Front Property just because A Realtor told them they do when buying their beach front property just to keep the price up. ...;-)

Wish you the best with the site and I'm here foya' just send an e-mail. ...

Larry
PS: I'll design a nice banner and place it on some of my sites to lead to yours soon. ...

http://www.ABetterRock.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hi there Larry - That's a really nice post, and I so much appreciate the efforts to help.

I just did receive a banner from you via email and it's really very nice. I'm impressed, and again, flattered by the compliments and appreciative of the help. I've not had sufficient time to devote the type of effort I'd really like to devote to improving this site.

I do have a main page design which I created and think it looks quite nice and will help to pull things together and add more features for users; I just need to find some time to polish it up and add some details and then hopefully I can roll out the new look and feel for this site to make it more useful and attractive for public use.

Again, I really appreciate the help and vote of confidence. Promoting the site to attract more users is key to the success of this site - so, thank you and feel free to promote your site here on the forums. It seems that you represent a good set of ideals which I'm sure many people will agree with. I've got my opinions on the topic, but we should bring that over to the appropriate forum for discussion :D

Michael

Post subject: Website. ...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:27 pm 
Wow' sorry Mike'

I ment to send that private' 8O

Thanks for the quick reply. I designed another quick banner and placed it on my site so go take a look at it. Somehwere on first page' looks nice.
It's linked to your site InsideLongBeach.com so if you copy it and paste it some where' the link goes with it when people click the banner. You should get a lot of hits from ABetterRock so good luck. ... I'll also send you the banner to your e-mail for saving. ... click the link below for a smaller version of the banner. ...

L8r'

Larry

http://www.apublicrock.com/newart04/islb05ba.jpg
[/img]

Post subject: Read my lips. ...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:59 pm 

Mike!

Look at my pocket watch and repeat after me'

I Must Work On This Sites First Page and place it up this coming weekend. ...

Great' now' write me a check for $100.00 the first of every month and send it to me. ...

Now' snap out of it. ...