InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Just a idea.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:41 pm 
Surfer

First off, thank you and great job on putting up a local website for the better of Long Beach. Next, just a little something.

Seeing that the majority of the posts here are about everyones favorite pastime (food) why not try to talk to local restraunt owners about using this site as either a advertisment tool or for a place for their patrons to post reviews about their restraunt. Either way both parties make out for the better. Just a idea. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

It's an excellent idea, and one that I'm already working on.

My goal has been to have all of the local restaurant menus scanned and easily accessible, so that if you want to order takeout, no more fumbling around to find menus and phone numbers - you can have it all in one convenient place. And hopefully they might even post their specials.

I do need to do a better job on promoting the site, and working with local restaurants would be good in conjuction with the menu-posting.

I've held off on pushing the promoting of the site, because the site is currently only a part of what it's intended to be and I didn't prefer to promote the site - have people visit and then not come back in the future once we've expanded. So, I'm sorta holding out for the expansion of the site and then will push on the promoting.

I wish I had more free time to work on it. If there's anybody out there who would like to help in any way, please let me know.

Thanks.

Mike