InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:23 pm 
Surfer

Ok here is a real simple request . Maybe to help get some more people talking about some Long Beach restaraunts please respond to the following post .

:?: So what is your favorite LB restaraunt (S) / And why ... If you feel like typing . Thank you for any response .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:30 am 

My favorite lb restaurant is probably lagunas. They have a very quiet, laid back atmosphere, and their food is really excellent

Of course I also have a thing for west end pizza, but I don't think a pizzeria really counts for a question such as this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:22 pm 

Big Ed's now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:32 pm 
Surfer

We like Mariella's for Italian. It's not too pricey and the owners recognize us so give us free refills on wine! They also have pizza and subs and such.
I also like Himawari for sushi/Japanese. Very good service. And of course you gotta love the "yummy yummy". There's so much to choose from on the menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

mzsocialworker1 wrote:
We like Mariella's for Italian. It's not too pricey and the owners recognize us so give us free refills on wine! They also have pizza and subs and such.
I also like Himawari for sushi/Japanese. Very good service. And of course you gotta love the "yummy yummy". There's so much to choose from on the menu.

Where is Mariella's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:39 pm 
Surfer

Park Ave. just past the Yummy Yummy. I might've got the name wrong though. Maybe it's "Mariannas". You can't miss it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:05 am 

Try Da Salvo's...also very good italian...very accomodating..made delicious ziti siciliano for me even tho it wasn't on the menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:08 pm 
Surfer

Hey let's not forget Yummy Yummy! 21.95 All you can eat sushi, always very fresh, fast service the specialty rolls are pretty rockin. Overall a great place if you are in the mood to eat. 8O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

You guys are making me hungry! :D :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:18 am 
Surfer

lbmarine wrote:
Hey let's not forget Yummy Yummy! 21.95 All you can eat sushi, always very fresh, fast service the specialty rolls are pretty rockin. Overall a great place if you are in the mood to eat. 8O

Yes, they are really good. I never order the all-you-can-eat because I can't eat that much, but they have a great menu overall. So much to choose from!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:28 am 
Surfer

I don't know if it is my favorite but John Henry's is also worth a mention here. It is a great place if you just want a casual spot to have a burger some wings or a some drinks with friends. The atmostphere is like a old style pub but a lot cleaner. Food is good, wait staff seems good. Overall a great little Long Beach spot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:39 am 
Site Admin

it's so funny you mention yummy yummy as one of the good restaurant in lb. the only reason we have not gone there is becuase the name is so silly, we've never taken it seriously.

guess we will need to give that a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:23 pm 
Surfer

Hi Stace,

Yes I too took some time to get over the silly name but I am glad I did. The sushi is always very good I belive due to such a high turn over and also some good specialty rolls as well if you like that sort of thing. From what I understand the chinese food is excellent, I myself have only tasted some of it that my friends at the table had ordered but it was very good. So putting aside the name it is worth a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:33 pm 
Surfer

I think my favorite may have to be a toss up between Nagoya (for my sushi fix) and John Henrys pub, just a great place for a casual meal. Although Big Ed's BBQ joint is slowly creeping its way into my top two spot. I have been quite the regualr there now. I am starting to ask myself how I stay in shape these days! Oh also Cafe Laguna is great too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:23 am 
Surfer

lbmarine wrote:
I don't know if it is my favorite but John Henry's is also worth a mention here. It is a great place if you just want a casual spot to have a burger some wings or a some drinks with friends. The atmostphere is like a old style pub but a lot cleaner. Food is good, wait staff seems good. Overall a great little Long Beach spot.

We tried this place last night for the first time. It was really good. And they give a ton of food, I was able to bring home leftovers. Very heavy stuff, I came home and passed out LOL.

They had "Buffalo Calamari" as an appetizer with blue cheese. It was actually pretty good.