InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Molly's Fish Market, 958 West Beech Street, is new fish store that is located diagonally across the street from Minnesotas. In a word, it is AWESOME -- i believe they will be opening a restuarant next door in the next few months.

the biggest problem is that there are too many delicious choices - which really is no problem, just a reason to go back more often.

i had the manhattan clam chowder which was really good, the seafood chili was great - i was unsure i would like but actually i liked it better than beef or vegetarian chili.

we had the coconut shrimp, if you like coconut you will love these. there is a lot more coconut on them than you usually get restaurants. yum!

the fish is really fresh. we bought the chilean sea bass, it was our first time preparing it and they told us how to make it. it was delicious.

i can't recommend this place enough. it is so nice to support the small businesses in the west end and this is one i think needs to stay for a long time!

go and enjoy! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Yes - they've really done this place right. The owner is experienced and is a good businessman.

Everything is *very* fresh and very clean. It's very apparent as to how much effort is put into this. Yet at the same time, the variety is extensive and there is a nice choice between prepared, semi-prepared and unprepared foods.

I'm looking very much forward to the Spring, which is when I believe they are hoping to open the planned adjoining restaurant.

Incidentally, they are also open reasonably late - I believe until 8pm nightly, and all of the staff is very nice, very helpful.

It's nice to be able to go to a new place a whole bunch of times and continue to be even more pleased and impressed, and motivated to write some nice words here.

It's been a long time, and Long Beach finally has got a really great seafood market :)

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:38 pm 
Beach Bum

They started out like a house on fire and they fizzeled.

They need to lower their prices.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:01 pm 
Beach Bum

They would be pretty good if they open when they should.
They never seem to be open when you go there. If they are slow they just close,