InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Good Service
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:15 pm 
Beach Bum

Everybody knows how a restaurant works. A greeter of some sort takes you to your table. A server gives you a menu and you choose from a variety of items. The server comes back and puts the food in front of you and that's where the fun starts.
I want to see a note on the door that All major cards accepted.
I don't want to hear a waiter complain about his boss, or how hard he is working, or that the place is understaffed.
You don't like it, quit, but don't tell me about it..
I want the food to look good, be well placed and plated on the plate, and to taste great.
I want the bus-boy to deliver the bread and water promptly and re-fill when needed.
I don't want the meat/fish to be over or under cooked.
And I don't want every dish to have the same sides on them.
I also don't want to hear about extra charges for certain salad dressings or veggies.
And I never want to hear that I can't substitute vegetables that I don't like.

Last edited by Long Beach Old Timer on Mon May 04, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Good Service
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:39 pm 
Beachlover

I CAN'T AGREE MORE :D GOOD POST

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:25 pm 
Beach Bum

I know we discussed some things in the other thread - but I was curious - what restaurants are you going to?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:22 am 
Beachlover

On a Saturday evening at a pretty upscale popular restaurant, we were sitting in the outdoors section when it started raining. Luckily our order hadn’t arrived yet so we moved inside to another table. We were a group of 5 ladies. While I was placing the order (I m the official order-placer- tip-decider- waiter-handler in our group at every party..Sigh!) I’d just finished saying the name of one dish when the waiter interrupted me saying “This wont be enough”!!!!!!!! ( intended to order much more, in fact 3 more main dishes making a total of 4 dishes to share among 5 ladies.) As if I have never eaten at a restaurant before or we looked like bunch of 5 people who would share only one dish !!! Come on nobody does that..not even the most miserly people. After I had completed he repeated same sentence again. I said “Don’t worry, we are going to order more . .” At the end I left an adequate tip but the waiter said “Your group made us change tables. At least give some more tip.” OMG!!!!! As if we had asked the rain to fall!! I mean since when did waiters start harassing customers for tip??? I gave him a stare and joined my group who had already gone outside.

There are many incidents that I don’t remember…consisting of ogling at the girls of any group, improperly dressed waiters with Mohawk hairstyle, or rings in their noses that I don't thing is very appealing to diners. ALSO I hate when a server overhears the customers talking and gives their opinions on it.

Rude waiters are more likely to turn away restaurant diners more than bad food.

I am also baffled that some people can't use general common sense. If you're not having a good time and you keep your mouth shut, then complain about it the next day to your friends, you're an idiot. You could have attempted to fix the issue right then and there and yet, you stewed in your own misery, and probably tipped 15% (which is considered "a bad tip"), and then ask what to do about it long after the moment has passed? Sheesh, USE COMMON SENSE. A waiter is supposed to be hospitality professionals. They get paid to provide hospitality (which is different from kissing your behind). If they are not providing the service for which you are paying them and you don't say anything about it, you are an idiot. So tell the manager or the Owner, if you just never come back, then the next customer is going to get the same rude treatment.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:02 pm 
Beach Bum

charlie wrote:
On a Saturday evening at a pretty upscale popular restaurant, we were sitting in the outdoors section when it started raining. Luckily our order hadn’t arrived yet so we moved inside to another table. We were a group of 5 ladies. While I was placing the order (I m the official order-placer- tip-decider- waiter-handler in our group at every party..Sigh!) I’d just finished saying the name of one dish when the waiter interrupted me saying “This wont be enough”!!!!!!!! ( intended to order much more, in fact 3 more main dishes making a total of 4 dishes to share among 5 ladies.) As if I have never eaten at a restaurant before or we looked like bunch of 5 people who would share only one dish !!! Come on nobody does that..not even the most miserly people. After I had completed he repeated same sentence again. I said “Don’t worry, we are going to order more . .” At the end I left an adequate tip but the waiter said “Your group made us change tables. At least give some more tip.” OMG!!!!! As if we had asked the rain to fall!! I mean since when did waiters start harassing customers for tip??? I gave him a stare and joined my group who had already gone outside.

Wow, Charlie. Wow. That is awful! I have never even heard of such a thing! That waiter should never be charge of someone elses comfort at a restaurant! Sorry to hear that.

charlie wrote:
I am also baffled that some people can't use general common sense. If you're not having a good time and you keep your mouth shut, then complain about it the next day to your friends, you're an idiot. You could have attempted to fix the issue right then and there and yet, you stewed in your own misery, and probably tipped 15% (which is considered "a bad tip"), and then ask what to do about it long after the moment has passed? Sheesh, USE COMMON SENSE. A waiter is supposed to be hospitality professionals. They get paid to provide hospitality (which is different from kissing your behind). If they are not providing the service for which you are paying them and you don't say anything about it, you are an idiot. So tell the manager or the Owner, if you just never come back, then the next customer is going to get the same rude treatment.

Well put.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:45 am 
Beach Bum

Good replies tophbobby. Are you a waiter in Log Beach? And how long have you been a waiter. You seem to have some very good seance of the business.. Your employer should be very proud of you

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:38 pm 
Beach Bum

Thanks, LBOT.. I am a waiter in LB. I have been a waiter on and off for most of my 20's, working in resturants since I was a teen. I hope to own a restaurant of my own one day.