InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Caffe Laguna
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:46 pm 
Beach Bum

I really like this restaurant. Nice decor and service is usually very good. Food can vary but it has always been high quality and nicely presented. Does tend to be much higher priced than other nearby restaurants but the food is a step above the usual local places.
The drinks are also very good even if they are a bit over-priced.
In the summer parking is hard to find--and that's putting it mildly. There are a few outdoor tables great place to sit outside on a warm summer night and that's always a delight. They always have some interesting specials...helpful staff.... place is small and is nice for an intimate dinner. Great for a special occasion.

Post subject: Re: Caffe Laguna
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:02 pm 

We couldn't ask for much more. I came here last week, and even though the prices on the menu are on the high side, I think it's worth it. The pizza's, pastas, and appetizers we had were all nothing but wonderful.… We started with 2 chocolate martini's that were made to perfection. Then we shared a individual pizza margarita for an appetizer that was wonderful, done to perfection. I had a pasta and my wife had a fish that she raved over the taste and freshness .
This is a place to put on your "must go to" list.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:30 pm 
Beach Bum

I agree this place is a keeper, but they do need a price adjustment. This is not Manhattan!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:59 pm 
Beach Bum

This is really a "Hit or Miss" place, and I agree that the prices are put of line for this place.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:48 am 
Beach Bum

WarronB wrote:
I really like this restaurant. Nice decor and service is usually very good. Food can vary but it has always been high quality and nicely presented. Does tend to be much higher priced than other nearby restaurants but the food is a step above the usual local places.
The drinks are also very good even if they are a bit over-priced.
In the summer parking is hard to find--and that's putting it mildly. There are a few outdoor tables great place to sit outside on a warm summer night and that's always a delight. They always have some interesting specials...helpful staff.... place is small and is nice for an intimate dinner. Great for a special occasion.

You said the following "place is small and is nice for an intimate dinner. Food can vary? Great for a special occasion. service is usually very good.!

Noisy!. Overprices! service is usually very good, meaning that it not consistently good! . So may I ask why this is "Great for a special occasion"