InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:55 pm 
Surfer

Ok so as you may guess I am a resident on shore road . My problem is that the parking situation is absolutley retchid to say the least . If you live on shore road I am sure you know. My question here is, has it ever been proposed to city hall to create resident parking for shore road residents ? I dont think that it is fair or justifiable that I should have to walk 5 blocks at night just to get to my Apt. .... Your opinion is appreciated . :!:

Post subject: Parking
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:06 pm 
the City of long Beach should issue residential parking permits to park south of the median of Broadway , I watch everyday as people circle to get the best spots near the boardwalk and then ether takes a bike out or start to run ... why not just park 2 blocks away since they are exercising anyway ....leave the close spots to the locals who come back from stores carrying packages ,, or the seniors that cant walk 3 blocks .... Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:38 am 
Site Admin

Bum2 -

That's actually a reasonably good idea with some good points, and perhaps you should attend one of the City's planning meetings to make the suggestion. However, the flaw to the idea is that this would potentially impact people with visiting family/friends. So to your point of seniors that might not be able to easily walk the distance, it might impact them if they are family members visiting and are now restricted from parking altogether.

It would also be very difficult and complex to enforce, and would have obvious administrative complexities - people with dual residence, people with multiple family members, etc.

And many of the buildings already offer their residents parking from what I can see. Perhaps what is really needed is a creative way to create more parking.

Or perhaps, most simply, if the city were to simply provide advisory signage to guide visitors to a place to park and steer them away from parking where it ties up the space of residents, that might be helpful.

Again, good idea, but it's really a complex issue. I'm unfamiliar as to what, if any, requirements exist for parking accommodations in new construction.

mrk