InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Dogs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:14 pm 
Beach Bum

I love animals, but lately I see a lot of (what they leave behind) on the boardwalk and beach. I think the signs are before the ramps to the boardwalk and before the ramp down to the beach, no animals. But what is wrong with people and their total disregard for other people. I see a lot of dogs off the leash on the beach, running after who ever runs by. That is not good. We all live here and I would love it, to stay as beautiful as it is now. So if everybody would be kind to our beach and pick up after themselves, and their dogs, we could keep it beautiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:49 pm 
Try living near the animal hospital on Park Ave near NY Blvd.
Before and after their visit, they leave a nice pile of doung for the local residents before heading home.
By the way, when was the last time a dog owner was issued a summons?

Post subject: Dogs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:23 pm 
As a dog owner and resident I agree that one should pick after their dogs. I always do. Please understand that in the West End, no one really has a yard for their dogs to receive regular exercise - our house are tiny too. The beach is the only place for our beloved pooches to have a place where they can exercise and keep healthy. If you see someone not pick up - say something but don't begrudge all of us for being on the beach. And in terms of the spot in front of the vet - I know people who work there - I am sure they could post a sign inside stating that they should clean up after their dog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:56 pm 
Surfer

I have a pug who can't be outside for very long in the hot weather and he hates the beach/water and is scared to death of the waves. I agree that people need to pick up after their pets. I stepped into a pile of dog doo once and didn't realize it, tracking it all inside my building, which I had to clean up. Not good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:09 pm 
Surfer

Putting aside the fact that some people has zero dog etiquette and that they should be cleaning their pets mess, are there any dog parks in Long Beach?
If so they are pretty well hidden or maybe I have not been looking. And if there are not there should be. Surely putting a decent park in LB would offset the dog waste on the beach and boardwalk and give a general location for the pooches to frolic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:36 pm 
Surfer

That is a great idea. I don't know of any off-hand however.