InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:14 pm 
Surfer

Hey just a little something , has anyone on here been to angel fish yet ? If so please reply and let me know what you thought . Thank you so much for your replies .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

Yes - Please post feedback - I've heard second-hand positive comments, but haven't yet given it a try. It's hard to keep up with that store location since it has turned over so many times in a short timeframe - hopefully these guys have gotten it right this time around :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:38 pm 
Surfer

:) So I have made my way into Angelfish this weekend past . All and all my overall experince was quite favorable ! The food was above and beyond most of the local restraunts in the area and overall the atmosphere was on the high end side without being to stuffy. Service was attentive and prompt . Overall all this was a rather favorable visit. I think this one is a keeper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the review - and for being the guinea pig :)

I guess we'll have to put this on our list for the weekend when we're looking to decide between one of the currently known two or three good food options around here :)

Actually, it seems that with the new group of restaurants that have opened, the overall competition has increased and overall quality of dining choices in Long Beach seems to finally be improving - in my opinion.

However, I'm yet to find a restaurant in Long Beach that I can think of as truly outstanding AND consistent.

We'll give this one a try and report back as well.

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:24 pm 

:cry: :( : I was one of the first to say "this one will have to be good". Boy was I wrong! This restaurant was a GREAT let down to say the least. We expected it to be like it's sister restaurant, Cool Fish, but it didn't even come close. How depressing it was to get food that was, to say the least, "just ok" when the prices that came with the ok food were way high. The place Looks good, sounds good, but will be a failure just like all the others that claim that wonderful location and just can't make it. They will seriously have to to something spectacular before going down, in order to stay up. Perhaps get a chef and Manager that can really make the place a keeper. We really could use a great fishery down in long beach, as there really are no others. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:50 pm 
Surfer

Sorry Rita that you found it not up to par with the other " Fish " restraunts . I myself have dined at Coolfish and also the new one Rockfish in Huntington , I have found them all to be a favorable experience . Well i guess this all based on opinions so to each his own . Long Beach boy since birth !

Post subject: Angel Fish Is Now Lola's
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:12 pm 
Beach Bum

Same old same old. You can do better