InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Corbin and Reynolds
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:34 am 
Site Admin

Does anybody know when Corbin and Reynolds is going to open? I'm really impressed with the work they've done to restore that building. Hopefully the quality of the food will be as good as the quality of the construction :wink:

Post subject: Corbin and Reynolds
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:45 pm 
Beachlover

Hey Mike,

I know your post is old but no one else posted so I'll give you my take on Corbin and Reynolds. Big bar, big place, lots of room, nicely restored, big "party room" up in the rear of the restaurant. The food was good (not great) but the inside is kinda 'cold' if you know what I mean. Paper napkins and placemats on hard wood tables with hard wood floors(or tile) with hard wood chairs. Nice, open, clean, but cold (not temperature). Service was decent but there was only one other table occupied. Seemed like a good 'family place'.

A note to the 'hat guy'...it's customary (manners) to take your hat off while indoors, especially at a restaurant... Not just in Manhattan, or Long Beach, but just about anywhere.

Sites' looking great Mike!

- Your Neighbor in #205 :roll:

Post subject: Re: Corbin and Reynolds
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

AdRock22 wrote:
A note to the 'hat guy'...it's customary (manners) to take your hat off while indoors, especially at a restaurant... Not just in Manhattan, or Long Beach, but just about anywhere.

Hey there Neighbor Adam -

I must say that I'm particular impressed with your knowledge and savvy on hat etiquette, but it seems particularly fitting with the avatar that you've chosen :D

Yes, my post is old and outdated and I'd intended to update it since they've indeed been open for a while now. Thanks for the input - it's unfortunate that with such an outstanding job done on the building restoration, I've yet to hear any positive review of the actual dining experience. All feedback I've heard of has been mediocre to negative. I've still not made it over there to check things out first-hand. I've been to the Argyle in Babylon, which is owned by the same people and the food and dining experience there was very good so I'm guessing they'll get things together over here.

Thanks for the post. I'd love to get more feedback on area restaurants and hope to do some work on this portion of the site in the near future.

Mike

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:54 am 
Beachlover

Just an update on Corbin and Reynolds, since my first post, my wife and I have been back twice for dinner and the food was great. I really must say they've made some improvements and we've really enjoyed it thus far. My wife particularly loves the Muscles appetizer.

Their specials seem to be getting much better too. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Thanx Adam - really helpful update for all of us - on that new info, perhaps I'll finally give it a shot.

Have they kept their pricing at the same levels? The original feedback was that the pricing was a bit out of control - however, I believe that was particularly considering the food quality at the time I got that particular input.

I believe most people will pay a bit more for reliably high-quality food and for a good dining experience, but it's only when you don't think you're getting what you paid for ....

mrk