InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Mulberry Street
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:56 pm 
Surfer

OK, I normally don't like to post anything negative, but this place was just probably one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had. We tried it out on Friday night (they took over where Marianna's used to be right by Yummy Yummy). In any event, the place really was not crowded at all in my honest opinion. It literally took over 30 minutes for a waitress to come over to us and that was after we pointed it out to the hostess twice. After she finally took our order, she took about 15 minutes to bring out our wine.

Second, the place advertises a "brick oven". Well, they didn't have any kind of ventilation in the place yet. I understand the place is new but my eyes were literally watering it was so bad. I complained to the hostess and she said "Oh they're putting in a vent this week". Is that even LEGAL?

It took like an hour to get our food (I ordered pasta, fiance ordered some chicken dish that came out really hard and overcooked with no flavor). EVERYONE was complaining about the service. Several people got up and left, and we should have gone with our gut instinct to do so, as well.

I observed the entire time while the wait staff really didn't bother with any of the customers, they certainly had time to chat up a group of people hanging out up front that may have been family/friends or whoever. I will NEVER go back to this place again.

I will stick with places like Nick D'Angelo in the future if I want decent Italian.

Post subject: Re: Mulberry Street
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:28 pm 
Beach Bum

Quote:
OK, I normally don't like to post anything negative, but this place was just probably one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had

AGREED!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:54 pm 
Surfer

mzsocialworker1 wrote:

Second, the place advertises a "brick oven". Well, they didn't have any kind of ventilation in the place yet. I understand the place is new but my eyes were literally watering it was so bad. I complained to the hostess and she said "Oh they're putting in a vent this week". Is that even LEGAL?

That's funny because they told me about the "vents" at the end of last summer 2008. I hated this place too...
I got vodka sauce and it had no flavor and the service was just bad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:57 am 
Beach Bum

seabythecity.com wrote:
mzsocialworker1 wrote:

That's funny because they told me about the "vents" at the end of last summer 2008. I hated this place too...
I got vodka sauce and it had no flavor and the service was just bad.

Not my cup of red sause either......