InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Sutton Place
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

This remains the most consistent restaurant, and probably our favorite overall food + atmosphere for dining out.

The staff is really nice, attentive and consistent. Prices are reasonable for Long Beach pricing. And the food is usually very good, particularly the specials. I only wish they did a better job on their steaks - not quite as good as a few other places, or those we make at home, but the skirt steak is usually pretty reliable.

The salmon is always very good. Soups and salads are always very good.

Our only negative experience here has been take-out/delivery. We've tried many times and it's never been good on delivery - and soups are like half-sizes, which is pretty crazy. We've given this feedback to the manager and hopefully they've make improvements on that.

mrk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:41 pm 
Surfer

This is funny. My only experience with this place has been ordering takeout once. It took them almost 2 hours to deliver the food! It was good and all, but I got turned off by that experience and how they were on the phone.

Based on what you said though, I'm going to give them another try, but actually go there this time.

Post subject: Sutton
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

i'd say give them another try. the food is always consistent and the specials are, for long beach, unique and good!

the friday nite dj always plays the kind of music you will sing along to, just puts you in a good mood to end the week.

also, you may want to mention your bad past experience to the manager. they actually do seem to care!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

seabythecity.com wrote:
It took them almost 2 hours to deliver the food!

Also, not that this let's them off the hook, but I'm pretty sure that they use a third-party delivery service to handle their food deliveries. That probably contributes to the delivery issue, at least with it taking more time than it should. Although 2 hours is entirely out of control and very surprising.

Let us know what you think when you go to dine in.

mrk

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:12 am 
Beach Bum

admin wrote:
seabythecity.com wrote:
It took them almost 2 hours to deliver the food!

Also, not that this let's them off the hook, but I'm pretty sure that they use a third-party delivery service to handle their food deliveries. That probably contributes to the delivery issue, at least with it taking more time than it should. Although 2 hours is entirely out of control and very surprising.

Let us know what you think when you go to dine in.

mrk

MOST places in Long Beach ( except Pizza and Chinese restaurants) use the same third-party delivery service

Post subject: Re: Sutton Place
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:01 pm 
Beachlover

Good for the food stay away from the bar. It's like a high school reunion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

Judy wrote:

Hey Judy - Are you saying that the crowd was young? I've always liked the crowd there because it's always been an older crowd. Maybe you happen to go there on High School Reunion Night? :)

mrk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:19 am 
Beach Bum

lbeachmike wrote:
Judy wrote:

Hey Judy - Are you saying that the crowd was young? I've always liked the crowd there because it's always been an older crowd. Maybe you happen to go there on High School Reunion Night? :)

mrk

I think that the crowd there is between 20 and 30. A bit old for a "High School Reunion" :lol: and a bit young to be called "an older crowd"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:15 pm 
Beach Bum

Long Beach Old Timer wrote:
lbeachmike wrote:
Judy wrote:

mrk

I think that the crowd there is between 20 and 30. A bit old for a "High School Reunion" :lol: and a bit young to be called "an older crowd"

I would have to agree, the bar is always mobed and noisy, and the back room is not too attractive,