InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: In my opinion!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:29 am 
Beach Bum

In my opinion I think that many of the restaurants in Long beach have been resting on their laurels too long and not pleasing people by
1. Changing their menus often enough. People get tired of the same old, same old. A good example of this is Duke Falcon's.. I think they have the same menu since the first day that they opened. And they never offer any specials at all..
2. Giving less than their best in service. I hate to be on the receiving end of bad or rushed service. By either waiters or bus boys.
3. Pricing according to the new economy. Some places are offering special or lower priced menus and choices, but not enough of them are. I go to many high-end restaurants in Manhattan and they are even using special prices ... The people that are resting on their laurels are going to fall by the waist side. ...
4. Bringing in new ideas in their food. There are so many new and trendy food preparations out there these days.
5. And remember the old saying....“The customer is always right” even if they are wrong.

Post subject: Re: In my opinion!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:23 am 
Beachlover

Having weekly specials is very important. If you like a place and go there often, you want to see new things on the special's list so that you don't become bored with the place as I often do.
And yes, Duke Falcons is a perfect example.
They have a sheet of specials that is REALLY only an extension of the regular menu...it hasn't changed since they opened.
Just a sign of laziness on the part of the owner and or the chef..
Also don't have the same sides (veggies) on every dish!