InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Minnesota's
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:43 pm 
Beachlover

Everyone should check out Minnesota's...They've redone the dining room. You can now enjoy dinner by the fireplace...Highly recommend...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Alison -

I have tried Minnesotas every year or two over the last eleven years I've lived down here, and I've never really been impressed with the food in the past. Have they improved recently, other than the atmosphere?

It's nice to see that all these places in the West End are making improvements.

mrk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:11 pm 
Beachlover

I think everyone's first impression of the place is that it's a bar w/ only bar food. Of course there are some dishes that are "bar food" but they have some fantastic specials in the summer. Their Tuna entree is probably their best but I personally love the Filet Mignon Sandwich.They have a great selection of wine, and they cater some great parties. Their outdoor patio is great on a nice breezy evening in the summer. The only day of the week I prefer to stay away is Sundays in the winter- The crowd gets rowdy with all that football... :D (but that is a girl's opinion-most guys would probably love it!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:08 pm 

Over the last 12 yrs I've tried Minnesota's several times. I keep the faith believing that my next experience will be a great one. However, after yesterday I will not be going back.
This summer everytime we try to put our name on the list to be seated for dinner the girls have been extremely rude and discouraging.
After being in the service industry since I was a kid, and bartending all over the world...it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that when you give change you give back some single dollar bills - not all big bills. I have no problem leaving a five (I lived off my tips for yrs) but not everytime I order a drink, especially if your standing around and ignoring me. It happened more than once last nt, clearly someone told the staff to do that.

Not to mention, we had 2 orders of a dozen steamers, and both orders came up short by 2 each. (when your paying a $1 a clam thats alot)
Thanks, but no thanks. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Yes! I agree!

They've finally gotten it right and really revamped their menu, kitchen and entire dining experience. My girlfriend and I have eaten there three or four times over the last few weeks and have been really happy with the food each and every time. I think I'd go so far to say that I think they currently have the best food in Long Beach. And they've got a really great staff!

Now if they only didn't allow people to smoke inside the bar, we'd be completely happy.

But I really cannot say enough about how good the food and dining experience has been. If anybody else had given up on them, it's an entirely new experience now, so give it a try.

Michael