InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: DECK REPAIR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:02 am 

Can anybody reccomend someone who does deck repair and restoration?

I need to have some boards replaced, wood stripped and new seal. For some reason this service does not seem to be readily available in the area.

Please give me names only of reliable people.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:50 am 
Site Admin

Hey there -

I'm not sure yet if I have a good recommendation for you, but I have personally made a an appointment with Rose Fence (Freeport) for an estimate on my "mini-deck" - However, I'm seeking to have the perimeter of the deck replaced with the reinforced PVC stuff.

I personally used Rose Fence in the past for PVC fencing, but I've also seen them doing a couple of full decks in the area which seemed to come out good. They have an excellent reputation - they are very reliable and took care of the permit filing as well.

They might be expensive - I'm not clear on whether or not it was simply the PVC stuff which made the pricing expensive. I'm also not sure if they will do what seems to be a smaller size job - ie. if they only build new decks or if they'll do what you need.

My other recommendation is to call over to Centre Millwork (516/432=6566) and ask one of the guys at the service desk for a couple of recommendations. You can also call the Buildings Department and try to corroborate recommendations with them as well.

Hope thie info is helpful. After you get the work done, please report back and let us all know how things play out.

Mike