InsideLongBeach.com

Your City, Your Voice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Carpet Craft
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:11 am 
Site Admin

Has anybody used Carpet Craft? Care to share your experience?

Thanks.

Mike

Post subject: Follow-up
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

Okay - I guess I feel an obligation to share my experience.

The installers who work for Carpet Craft are all good guys - they work hard and do very good work. My only issue has been with the owner, Bashir. He comes across as the nicest guy in the world before selling you the job - he's your buddy, and you're certain of it. He particularly touts his reputation on standing behind his work - if you ever have a problem, you can call him and he'll take care of it. That's where I've taken exception -

Having seen his guys do perfect work in the past, my expectations were quite high. But on my job, he rushed his guys at the end of the day - he called them and gave them a hard time because they weren't yet finished. As such, the last few seems were not very good. When I called Bashir and discussed my concerns with him, he became beligerent and downright offensive and insulting. His arrogance showed, and it truly disgusted me. In the past, when I'd heard his employees complaining about him, I wasn't so concerned - because the quality of work was exceptional. But this time around, a few imperfections and somehow this was my fault - despite having bought his guys lunch and given them a tremendous tip for their hard work, he had found any way possible to conjure up mystery insults.

The other day, I happened to see Bashir in his fancy sports car - he had one of his guys with him. He was at the Mobil station at the SELF serve; however, it was his worker who was out of the car pumping gas as he sat there looking all pretty. I think that summed up his personality and the way he looks at people.

His guys are great - I suggest hiring them directly if you need some work done.

mrk