PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:14 pm 
Beach Bum

If your Selling or
if you are Buying a home log into

www.LongBeachHouseHunters.com

Post subject: HouseHunter...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:28 pm 
Beachlover

Why do I have to give you my personal information in order to look at listings on your website? No way Jose...I want to see what you're selling before I sell my soul to your marketing rolodex...

Guaranteed you are turning many more away like myself by requiring personal info just to see listings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

Interesting you should bring this up because I am definitely not a fan favorite of the realtors when they ask me to sign-in at open-houses. Interesting when your "contact information" is being requested, while you are simultaneously being assured that it is absolutely not for the purposes of contacting you. Right.

However, as an owner of investment property, I have just relied upon the services of the realtors to get the place rented.

There job is definitely a tough one and an often-frustrating one; however, I generally do take issue with forcible information gathering.

HouseHunter - perhaps you can shed some light on this - in particular, I'm interested in the rules regarding collecting sign-in contact info at open-houses .... ?

Also, I'm confused by the persistence to require contact info from those who do not want to offer it. My understanding is that agents generally must foot the bill for their own mailings and obviously invest a lot of time in cold-calling, etc. Wouldn't it be more time and cost-efficient to only contact those who are genuinely interested? Otherwise people are inclined to provide false information which would become wasteful of both time and other resources.

Mike

Post subject: Keep Mike Working. ...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:40 pm 

I don't want NoStinkingBadges. ...

Yea' like, what's up with you Realtors directing people on here over to your websites and pumping them for information??? (Bait&Switch)

Just place the information up on here and then' your phone numbers, but Place Information up first' and lots of information. ...

Thanking you in advance. ...

Larry 8)

Leaving Valley for Ocean. ...