CT
Mammography
Ultrasound
Osteoporosis Screening
Doppler Vascular Imaging
General X-Ray
Bone Density
MR Angiography
Ample free parking is available and we happily accept Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Compensation and No Fault among other major insurance plans.
Evening and Weekend hours available!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

It is nice to have such services local to Long Beach.

HOWEVER, from my first-hand experience - as well as my doctor's opinion of the imaging quality - I strongly recommend you choose from many of the far superior alternative imaging facilities in Nassau County.

Islandwide was horribly run in terms of my wait time, the admin staff's competency level to properly handle my insurance (which had already been pre-authorized), and most notably, the poor attitude of the imaging tech whom had little interest in my comfort and much greater interest in going home.

They had double-booked my time slot, knowingly having only one MRI machine on which to possibly handle imaging.

Adding to my discomfort was the open "sterile" gauze that was simply left strewn about the counter top area in the MRI room.

And, they also charge you for a CD copy of your MRI which only one staff member appears to know how to burn, from their antiquated MRI facilities.

I *HIGHLY* recommend NRAD for any imaging, which has multiple facilities - I've been to their Garden City and Lake Success locations.

They have an exceptional reputation for a very good reason. The people and equipment are top-notch.

Places like Islandwide remind me that some doctors are only out there interested in making money, and have little interest in quality of patient care and patient experience.

mrk